Friday, October 18, 2013

Elder's Corner: Get in the Bucket!

A few days ago I got Matt to help me operate the boom truck to replace some gutter ice guards at church.  I wanted to give Matt the opportunity to go up in the bucket to remove the old ones.  I didn't tell him that I had fabricated and welded the bucket myself.  I thought if he goes up it will prove he trusts my welds.  I got in the bucket first and let him lift me up to prove he didn't have anything to worry about.  Faith is like that. 
Do you trust Jesus enough to believe what He says?  He came to the earth and faced the same challenges (and more) that you and I face.  He “got in the bucket” (For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps. 1 Peter 2:21) to prove you can trust what He says.  Anyone can say I trust Jesus, but I challenge you to prove it—Get in the Bucket!  Be obedient to Him!  Let Him have control of your life.  Turn over your struggles,   your finances, your marriage, your illnesses, your family problems to Him.  Trust Him when He says “Come unto Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest”.   Matthew 11:28  He also made this amazing statement “I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in Me, even though they die like everyone else, will live again.”  John 11:25
        Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment