Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Elder's Corner: Are We There Yet?

  Dad, are we there yet?  How about now? Now?  How long till we get there? Those of us with children hear those words often.  It seems that we are always in a rush to get where we are going. Sometimes when we rush, rush, rush, (you get the idea) we forget to stop and smell the roses or the skunks as was the case for me tonight.J My question for you today is this, Are you there yet. Well, it seems to me that to answer that question you would first need to decide where there is. The correct answer is Heaven. 

Let’s consider a thing or two. If you think you are a good person, or you are one of those perfect people, or maybe you realize that your actions are not what they should be. The book of Romans reminds us that there is no one righteous (Rom. 3:10). All have sinned and fall short (Rom. 3:23). There is not a person on this Earth who does not need Jesus.  He is the only way to heaven (John 14:6). 

When we look at the question, are we there yet, the answer is no we are not. I think a better question would be, am I closer to being what I should be when I get there. Another way of saying it, am I a more like Christ than I was when I started? I hope we can all answer “Yes.” The point is to keep on moving toward what the Bible tells us we should be. Hope to see you Sunday.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment