Wednesday, January 6, 2021

“Forget” . . . . . . & “Remember”

 Well, I for one am glad we have turned the page on an old year and I am looking forward to new challenges in 2021.  I am glad to leave Covid, political bickering, and other issues that have divided the country.  I'm reminded of the words of Paul in Philippians 3:13-14

“…but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”  

Paul here reminds us to forget what we can't do much about but to focus on what really counts, aligning our lives with the upward call of God.

We are called to remember what God promises to us.  In chapter 4, Paul reminds us “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”  

Let’s live 2021 in happy contentment believing what is written in Philippians 4:19 “And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”  

—Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment