Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Elder’s Corner: Are you “in” or “out”?

For the last three weeks I have been building a “lean to” shed addition onto my machine shed. This was not very good planning on my part as the temperatures were in the teens several days. One particular day I was putting metal on the west side of the building. I had to take my gloves off to be able to pick up the screws to attach the metal. The wind chill was exactly that-- “cold”! All the while I could hear the furnace running inside the original building. 
I kept thinking how warm and toasty it would be if only I was inside. I started to think about church to take my mind off how freezing cold I was getting. Then God sent me the illustration. I willingly left the warmth of the building to put metal on the new building. I thought about my friends who used to come to church but have willingly left the warmth of the fellowship of other believers. I also thought about those friends who are on the outside looking in—those who weren't brought up in church, those who have never been introduced to Jesus. I know I couldn't wait to get back inside where it was warm when I was on the outside. 
As this New Year is almost here I hope my friends who left the warmth of God's fellowship will return and those who have never met the One who loved them enough to give the gift of His own Son at Christmas will join the warmth of fellowship on the “inside”. A New Year --a New Start that You Will Never Regret!

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment